Sunday, September 13, 2009

Typhoon Watch!

Today our school is closed down due to a typhoon warning! I guess sometimes it just gets rainy and windy mostly here, but I guess this one is supposed to be pretty bad. Like roofs might get ripped off! The power is most definitely going to go out, so if you don't here from me for a few days, don't worry about it. We've got local friends who have been through these before who will take care of us. So no worries, but maybe you could still pray for us. I'm just excited to not have school today! 

Yesterday we had an awesome day at a water park at one of the resorts! We got a good discount because we're friends with one of the lifeguards there. There was this one slide that was called the toilet bowl ride. Now I know what it's like to get flushed down a toilet!! There was also a wave pool and a bunch of other fun slides and rides! Then there was a group of Korean tourists who were way too excited to see our group of american girls. It was pretty funny though. ONe of them wanted to race against Cyndi swimming, and she won of course! It was an all around fun day! Enjoying Saipan so much! Love you all! Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. HI Lisa!!

    Fun to see your blog as we ride! We're at Davenport HS today....fun time. Dad's keeping busy with the presentations but I'm doing some catch-up with the internet while I have a chance! Looking forward to our ride later when school's out....at least one teacher and maybe some students will ride along with us part of the way! We're hoping to get about 30 miles in before dark!!! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete