Wednesday, September 16, 2009

PITIFUL!!!


That's what I have to say about the Typhoon that shut down all the schools. Just a little bit of rain and wind. So disappointing! Well, I guess at least this way, there were no destroyed houses, or anything. But in my household we had wanted to feel God's mighty power in a storm. (I must confess though that I was less excited than the others, because I didn't want to deal with the aftermath of the typhoon). But alas, it was a very weak storm and so on the second day of typhoon watch, since nothing had been happening, Alex and I decided to go swimming, because the waves looked so fun! (Usually the water never gets up to waist deep and it's boiling hot). So we were swimming in the ocean and it was kinda scary because the water was really murky in the storm and the tune from Jaws kept playing in my mind over and over again! We were in about chest deep water when I saw one of my students in her parents trying to wave us in. Then a policeman was walking on the beach waving us in. So we swam over the policeman and he apologized for ruining our fun, but he didn't feel it was safe for us to be out there in that weather. Go figure. Then my students family told us that a man had drowned out there last weekend and they still hadn't found his body! Personally, I didn't feel like we were in any danger. There was no lightening. The current was very weak, not enough to knock us off our feet. So thank goodness we were not in any danger. Right now my student Rinto is trying to look over my shoulder. He is a smart student and always finishes his work early. So I guess I should get back to teaching now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment